The last test of the year 2016. Australia will take on Pakistan in the 2nd test match. After the close win at The Gabba, Brisbane. Australia will look to seal the seal at their favorite ground and ironic venue MCG. The visitors will look to bounce back and stay alive in the series. Their performance in the 1st innings was really below par but ton of Shafiq and contribution from the lower order batsmen will charge them up. Pakistan scored 450 in the final innings that is the highest fourth innings total at the Gabba. Below are Australia Vs Pakistan 2nd test match Predictions , head to head, toss predictions .
Match Schedule : Australia Vs Pakistan 2nd test match Predictions
Dates : December 26, Monday to December 30, Friday 2016
(5 day – Test match)
Venue : Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Time : 5:00 AM/ 11:30 PM GMT / 10:30 AM LOCAL
Online Live Streaming : Hotstar | TV Live broadcast : Star Sports Network
Australia Vs Pakistan Preview , head to head.
- Mitchell Starc is most successful bowler for Australia in 2016 with 45 wickets in just 7 matches
- Yasir Shah is highest wicket-taking bowler for Pakistan in 2016 but Melbourne does not offer much support for spinners. So, Aamir would be most successfull in 2nd Test
- Steve Smith is has one of the highest batting average in world in 2016 ( 60.93) vs Azhar Ali , whose average in 2016 is 52.77
- Steve Smith last 5 Test scores read : 130 , 63 , 59 , 40 , 48*
- Pakistan last 5 Match Report : L, L, L, L, W
- Australia last 5 Match Report : W, W, L, L, L
- 10 Consecutive Tests lost by Pakistan in Australia – the most by any away team. If they lose this test then it will be an record of losing the most tests.
- At MCG, from 9 matches Pakistan have won only 2 matches
- The last was played in the year 2009 between these two countries.
- Away teams has won only 30 games from 108 matches.
- From 9 matches in Australia Vs Pakistan games at MCG, 6 times teams have won the toss and elected to bat first.
- Highest run aggregate by Australia and Pakistan is 1640 at MCG.
- Australia Vs Pakistan at MCG leading run scorers of all time – Majid Khan, Zaheer Abbas and Imran Khan for Pakistan. Former India’s coach Greg Chappell, Graham Neil Yallop and Allan Border for Australia.
- [chart id=”1150″]
- Australia Vs Pakistan at MCG leading wicket takers of all time- [chart id=”1152″]
Australia Vs Pakistan 2nd test match Predictions Pitch Report for Melbourne
- Melbourne Pitch supports fast bowlers , with good pace & bounce. Good contest for bowlers.
- Interstingly, Pakistan have won only 2/9 times (20% wins) on Melbourne cricket ground.
- Test match between Australia and India in December 2014, was the first draw at this venue in 17 years.Less chances of a Test Draw
- Highest score : 604 for Australia against England.
- Average score 1st innings score : 308
- Average score 2nd innings score : 309
Australia Vs Pakistan 2nd test match Predictions Who will win the toss ?
- Batting first is the best option after winning the toss. Team batting first at Melbourne pitch have won about 50% of the matches.
- Any Team winning the toss , will bat first
- In last 40 years , whenever Australia has won the toss & bat first at MCG , they have lost only 2/16 matches (14% lost). Both the lost matches were against West Indies.
- Pakistan last 5 Toss Report : L, W, L, W, W
- Australia last 5 Toss Report : W, L, L, L, L
Australia Vs Pakistan 2nd test match Predictions Who will win the match ?
- In form : Australia team. They will look to continue that form in rest of the two matches.
- Pakistan ‘s senior players need to fire in this match otherwise it would be difficult for them to bounce back.
- Only Misbah & Younis have played at MCG before from their batting unit. Rest of the side is in experienced
- Hopefully , Australia will seal the series in this match itself.
- If Pakistan manages to draw this one , it would be big achievement for them but mostly chances are of Australia
- [chart id=”1154″]
Also read : Who will win Big Bash League 2016-17