Delhi pitch report : Unpredictable pitch but lucky for India
Delhi ground is one of the oldest pitch in India. Due to a maximum number of wins, it is a renowned happy hunting ground for India. It can be said that it is a stronghold for an Indian cricket team in a test match as it has remained undefeated for consecutive 28 years in test matches and for 10 years in ODI matches. The ODI Delhi pitch report is also quite good which favors India. Team India hardly lost any match at this venue representing as winning capital and consistently successful in a day-night match format. It is common practice by the toss winning teams to opt for batting first at this venue. The pitch at Firoz Shah Kotla is batting friendly. Although a batting paradise, a bowler can bag plenty of wickets if uses his height and can extract good bounce pitch to surprise the batsman. Whenever the pitch puts an unfavorable condition for the bowler by not assisting much pace and spin, there comes the skill of bowler to play with the mind of batter by just creating doubt in batsman’s mind.
Name : Feroz Shah Kotla Ground
Address : Vikram Nagar, Opp. Raj Ghat, New Delhi, Delhi 110002, India
Ground capacity : 41820
Telephone : 011 2331 9323
Pitch Report: Mid-scoring batting wicket, highest score was never too high or too low.
IPL Delhi Cricket Ground Pitch Report
Field first is the straight call for the team winning the toss at Delhi stadoum. However, Delhi Daredevils don’t have a great record at IPL- let at the
- Home Ground : Delhi Daredevils
- Meanwhile, Highest team score at Feroz Shah Kotla : 186 by DD against KKR
- Lowest team score till now : 111 by KXP against DD
- At Delhi pitch highest runs-chased : 166 by RPS against DD
- Infact, Average first Innings score at Delhi pitch is 160
- Toss Prediction : In IPL 2016, 7 matches played in total , 7/ 7 Times winning toss team get field first (100%). However, team winning the toss has won the match only 2/7 (28%)times
T20 Delhi Ground Pitch Report
A competitive pitch for batting and bowling with a average score of around 171.
- By and large, Highest score at Delhi : Jason ROY (ENG) 78 against NZ
- Furthermore, Best bowling in an innings: Chris Jordan 4 wickets against Sri Lank
- Highest team score at this pitch : 171 by England against SL in 2016
- Lowest team score ,generally speaking is 120 by Sri Lanka against South Africa
- Average score in 1st innings score is 147
- Toss Prediction – Team winning the toss has won the match 3/4 times (75%). Good to bowl first, at last.
ODI Pitch Report for Delhi Ground
Delhi pitch is unpredictable when it comes to toss on the stadium. It is better to lose tosss rather than winning one since the team winning toss will always be unsure of pitch conditions, smog, dew factor etc.
- India vs SL IN 1982 was the first ODI match played at Delhi ground.
- Highest score: 330 by WI AGAINST NETHERLAND IN 2011
- Till date Lowest score: 83 by SL against India in 2009.
- Highest runs-chased : 238 for 9 by India against Eng.
- Average score 1st innings score : 233
- Toss Prediction – In Delhi has played 24 matches .
- Interesting Stat: Team losing the toss has won (60%) more matches than team losing the toss (37%)
- Quick Tip: Also, India has won 12 of the 19 ODIs played at this venue , 6 lost and 1 tied.
Test Pitch Report
- The first test match here was played between India v WI in 1948.
- Highest score: 644/8 by West Indies on 6 February 1959
- Lowest score : 75 all out by India on 25 November 1987
- Average score 1st innings score : 347
- Average score 2nd innings score : 322
- Test Toss Prediction – Team winning the toss chose to bat first in all 33/33 (100%) matches.
- On the other hand, team fielding first has won 13/33(40%) matches as compared to team batting first 6/33 ( 18%)
In 2009 the Kotla pitch faced criticism because of uneven and extremely variable bounce leading to issue of player’s safety. Delhi pitch shows contradiction when it comes to the twenty-20 format by creating bias whether team batting first or second wins the match. It was banned for around 12months by ICC during that period. One of the good examples of mind games was in the match held at this venue on February 07, 1999. In this match, Anil Kumble became the second test bowler after Jim Laker to bag all ten wickets in the innings. Kumble took 10/74 leading India to their first win against Pakistan after 19 years. Now it is home turf of Delhi Daredevils team in IPL.