GL vs KKR Predictions: Match Preview.
Who will win GL vs KKR Predictions IPL match.
Gujarat Lions will be starting off their campaign against Kolkata Knight Riders at their home ground in Rajkot. They had topped the league stages in IPL 2016 but were knocked out in the playoffs to finish 3rd. Kolkata Knight Riders finished in 4th position. Gujarat Lions are in a fix with losing Dwayne Bravo & Ravindra Jadeja not available for IPL 2017,indeed a loss. On the other hand, KKR have lost Andre Russel on their end.GL Vs KKR Predictions below for more detailed view.
Tournament Name: Indian Premier League IPL 2017.
Match Name: Gujarat Lions Vs Kolkata Knight Riders Predictions
Date: Friday 7th April 2017
Time Local Time 20: 00 IST
Stadium: SCA Cricket Stadium. Rajkot.
GL vs KKR Predictions Head to Head.
• Firstly GL have played against KKR 2 times in IPL 2016 where Gujarat won on both occasions.
• Both these teams will be facing each other for the first time at Rajkot.
• Overall Win-loss record: Gujarat 2/2 (100%) Kolkata 0/2 (0%)
• Shakib Al Hasan has scored 69 runs in 2 matches for KKR against Gujarat Lions in IPL 2016.
• Furthermore Dwayne Smith has picked up 5 wickets in 2 matches last season for Gujarat against Kolkata.
6th April Pitch Report SCA Stadium Rajkot: GL vs KKR Pitch Predictions.
•Rajkot pitch is traditionally a wonderful batting wicket and also has tendency to assist spinners.
• Also The highest and the lowest scores at Rajkot are 182 and 135 respectively both by Gujarat in 2016.
•First of all Average first Innings score in 5 matches in IPL 2016 is 156 runs while in the second innings it is 152 runs.
• Highest runs chased is 180 by Gujarat against RCB in IPL 2016.
GL vs KKR Predictions 6th April Toss Predictions.
Teams winning the toss should look to field first at SCA stadium Rajkot.
• In IPL 2016 Gujarat Lions won the toss on 1/5 occasions but lost the match in IPL 2016 in Rajkot.
• First of all Gujarat have won 2/5 (40%) matches played at Rajkot
• Teams winning the toss have fielded first on 3/5 (60%) occasions winning 2/3 (67%) matches doing so.
Who will win GLvs KKR Predictions.
Lions seem to be the favorites looking at their side and the pitch conditions in Rajkot.
Gujarat Lions Predicted Starting XI and Stats
Gujarat Lions had a somewhat mixed IPL 2016 winning 9/16 (56%) matches. They have made some changes to their squad without changing some of the core players from last year.
• Lions Strength: First of all Gujarat have quite an explosive batting line up with likes of Finch, Dwayne Smith and McCullum. Quality all rounders in middle with Jadeja, Bravo and Faulkner.
• Gujarat Lions Weakness– Lack of potency in bowling line up. Middle order batting is weak so heavily dependent on top order.
• Star players to watch out for– Dwayne Bravo, Aaron Finch and Suresh Raina.
• Suresh Raina scored 399 runs in 16 matches last season and is one of the most experienced IPL players with 147 matches.
• Dhawal Kulkarni was the leading wicket taker for Gujarat Lions with 18 scalps from 14 matches.
Predicted starting XI for Gujarat Lions: Aaron Finch, Brendon McCullum, Suresh Raina, Dinesh Kartik, Dwayne Smith, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shadab Jakati, Dhawal Kulkarni, Manpreet Gony, Tejas Baroka.
Kolkata Knight Riders Predicted starting XI, Stats.
While Kolkata Knight Riders had a pretty forgettable IPL 2016 winning only 8/15 (53%) matches in IPL 2016 ,Their bench strength is also pretty good this time.
• Strength: Pretty well balanced bowling strength with addition of Trent Boult. Impressive batting order. Quality spinners like Sunil Narine and Shakib Al Hasan.
• Weakness: Absence of Andre Russell a quality all rounder. In addition Lack of power hitters except Yousuf Pathan and Chris Woakes.
• Star impact– First of all Gautam Gambhir apart from being the captain was also the leading run -getter for KKR in IPL 2016 with 501 runs from 16 matches.
• Finally Players to watch out for: Chris Woakes, Yusuf Pathan and Trent Boult.
Finally, Starting XI for KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Yousuf Pathan, Rishi Dhawan, Chris Woakes, Trent Boult, Nathan Coulter- Nile, Piyush Chawla, Umesh Yadav.