GL Vs RPS Predictions: Match Preview.
Who will win GL Vs RPS predictions IPL match.
In IPL 2017, Gujarat Lions will be starting off their campaign against Rising Pune Supergiants at their home ground in Rajkot. Gujarat Lions had topped the league stages in IPL 2016 but were knocked out in the playoffs to finish 3rd while Pune Supergiants finished 7th in IPL 2016. GL have played 2 matches losing both of them. RPS have won just 1 out of 3 matches played. Pune and Gujarat both had a forgettable start of the tournament. GL are yet to win a match in IPL 2017. Below are GL vs RPS Predictions
Gujarat Lions Vs Kolkata Knight Riders Predictions below.
Tournament Name: Indian Premier League 2017.
Match Name: Gujarat Lions Vs Kolkata Knight Riders Predictions
Date: Friday 14th April 2017
Time Local Time 20: 00 IST
Stadium: SCA Cricket Stadium. Rajkot.
GL Vs RPS Predictions Head to Head
• Firstly GL have played against RPS 2 times in IPL 2016 where Gujarat won on both occasions.
• The last match played between GL and RPS at Rajkot, Gujarat won by 7 wickets.
• Steve Smith scored 106 runs in 2 matches against GL including a century knock of 101 in IPL 2016.
•Ravindra Jadeja has picked up 2 wickets in 2 matches for GL vs RPS in IPL 2016.
14th April Pitch Report SCA Stadium Rajkot: GL Vs RPS Predictions.
•Rajkot pitch is traditionally a wonderful batting wicket and also has tendency to assist spinners.
• The highest and the lowest scores at Rajkot are 184 by KKR vs GL in the last match. Also lowest score is 135 by GL in IPL 2016.
•First of all Average first Innings score in 6 matches since IPL 2016 is 165 runs while in the second innings it is 162 runs.
• Highest runs chased is 184 by KKR vs GL in the last match played few days ago..
Also READ : RAJKOT PITCH REPORT
GL Vs RPS Predictions 14th April Toss Predictions
First of all Teams winning the toss should look to field first at SCA stadium Rajkot.
• Since IPL 2016 Gujarat Lions won the toss on 1/6 occasions losing on that occasion.
• Also Gujarat have won 2/6 (33%) matches played at Rajkot
• Teams winning the toss have fielded first on 4/6 (66%) occasions winning 3/4 (75%) matches doing so.
Who will win GL Vs RPS Predictions
Gujarat Lions seem to be the favourites looking at their side and the pitch conditions in Rajkot.
Gujarat Lions Predicted Starting XI and Stats
Lions had a somewhat mixed IPL 2016 winning 9/16 (56%) matches and they have made some changes to their squad without changing some of the core players from last year.
• Gujarat Lions Strength: First of all Gujarat have quite an explosive batting line up with likes of Finch, Dwayne Smith and McCullum. Quality all rounders in middle with Jadeja, Bravo and Faulkner.
• Gujarat Lions Weakness– Lack of potency in bowling line up. Also Middle order batting is weak so heavily dependent on top order. Lck of quality Indian local talent outside first XI.
• Star players to watch out for– Dwayne Bravo, Aaron Finch and Suresh Raina.
• First of all Suresh Raina scored 399 runs in 16 matches last season and is one of the most experienced IPL players with 147 matches and over 4000 runs to his credit.
Finally Predicted starting XI for Gujarat Lions: Jason Roy, Brendon McCullum, Suresh Raina Aaron Finch, Dinesh Kartik, Dwayne Smith, B Thampi, Dhawal Kulkarni, Manpreet Gony, Tejas Baroka. S Kaushik
Rising Pune Supergiants Predicted starting XI, Stats.
Rising Pune Supergiants had a poor IPL 2016 winning just 5/14 matches
• Pune Strength: First of all Pune have a more balanced batting line up this year.
• Pune Weakness – Lack of quality in the fast bowling department and also no backup batsman whether Indian or overseas in squad.
• Star impact- Ben Stokes and Steve Smith hold the key for Pune Supergiants.
• Ajinkya Rahane is the leading run scorer for Pune with 480 runs in 14 matches in IPL 2016.
• Also Adam Zampa emerged as highest wicket taker with 12 wickets in IPL 2016.
Finally RPS Predicted starting XI: Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal, Steve Smith, Ben Stokes, MS Dhoni, Manoj Tiwary Daniel Christian, Rajat Bhatia, R Chahar, Ashok Dinda, Imran Tahir,