Pitch report : Mohali Cricket Stadium
Firstly, the Bindra Stadium is more popular as the Mohali Stadium. Mohali pitch report over the years has changed drastically. Once, it used to be fast bowling track and has now turned into balanced wicket. This stadium has given global footprint to this city by being most favored ground to host 13 Tests, 24 ODIs and 4 T20Is till date. An outfield of the stadium makes it one of the greenest pitch and gives a phenomenal look at this venue. It won’t be an exaggeration to state that this venue is extensively favorable in all formats of cricket. Mohali has a unique specialty of a large number of floodlights which are around 16 and are quite low in height. This gives a picturesque view to spectators consequently.
Mohali Pitch Condition
Mohali pitch is termed as one of the best cricket ground in the country.This ground suits foreign conditions & hence foreign teams touring India mostly have Mohali as one of the preferred venues.Pitch helping fast bowlers initially & international-like green outfield. It features big totals on the scoreboards by both competing teams in twenty-20 formats. The exciting fact about this venue is its weather affects the pitch drastically because during night time the temperature drops to very low degrees which help swinging the ball in the air easily and pitch stay hard and bouncy thereby favoring the spinners. It is home-ground for Kings Xi Punjab franchise.
Name: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium
Address: Phase 9,Sector 63,Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Chandigarh 160059
Ground capacity: 26,000
Telephone: 0172 223 2300
Mohali Tests Pitch Report
In Tests, the pitch remains equally good for batting on all first three days .Even on last 2 days pitch becomes a little slow.Tests here are a good contests between fast bowlers and batsmen.As a result, a first innings score of 400 is considered good on this wicket.
- The first test match at Mohali pitch was India v WI 1994.
- highest score: 630-6d by New Zealand vs India in 2003-04 season.
- lowest score : 83 by India vs New Zealand in 1999-00 season.
- Average score 1st innings score : 355
- Average score 2nd innings score : 380
- Test Toss Prediction – Won the toss then most team are get the bat first,9/13(69.23%)
- Total played matches 13 5 draw
- won toss /bat: 9 matches 3 won 4 lost 2 draw
- won toss/field: 4 matches 1 won – lost 3 draw
- Test Matches – India has won 7 of the 13 test matches played at this venue. 5 matches ends with a draw
- Trivia: Surprisingly, India has the best performance (w/l ratio is 7.00) ,13 matches 7 won , lost and 5 draw.
ODI MOHALI Pitch Report
In ODIs , this is a balanced wicket.Fast bowlers are at advantage initially and later the pitch slow downs.The batsmen get lot of help from the pitch in 2nd innings.A score of 290-310 can be of medium difficulty to the chasing team.
- The first ODI match here was played between India vs WI 1993.
- highest score: 351-5 by South Africa vs Netherlands in 2011 Cricket World Cup.
- Lowest score: 89 by Pakistan vs South Africa in 2006 ICC Champions Trophy.
- Average score 1st innings score : 261
- Toss Prediction – In Mohali 23 has played 3 matches
- won toss/bat: 9 matches 5 won 4 lost
- won toss/field: 14 matches 5 won 9 lost
- ODI – India has won 9 of the 14 ODIs played at this venue and lost 5 matches.
T20 Mohali Pitch Report
It is a good batting wicket with little help for bowlers inititally subsequently a T20 score of around 170-190 is a decent score.
- highest score : 64 Virender Sehwag
- Best bowling in an innings: 3/23 (Yuvraj Singh)
- Highest team score : 211-4 by India vs Sri Lanka in 2009–10 season.
- Lowest team score : 158-5 by Pakistan vs New Zealand in 2016 ICC World Twenty20.
- Average score 1st innings score : 185
- Test Toss Prediction – total matches played 4
- won toss/bat : W W L L
- won toss/ field:
- Interesting Stat: T20I – India won the both T20I played here.
IPL Mohali pitch report
It is a good batting wicket with little help for bowlers inititally. IPL score of around 170-190 can be expected.
- Home Ground : Kings XI Punjab at first.
- Highest team score : 189 by MI against KXP in ipl 2016
- Lowest team score : 138 by KXP vs KKR in ipl 2016.
- highest runs-chased : 180 by SH vs KXP in ipl 2016.
- Average first Innings score : 168
- Toss Prediction : total matches played 7 in ipl 2016
- won toss/bat : L L
- won toss/field: W W L L L
Interesting fun and facts on Mohali ground:
- This pitch as experienced in past quality fast bowlers.Yuvraj Singh , Harbhajan Singh are few famous cricketers to come out of state of Punjab.
- This stadium witnesses regular India-Pakistan ODIs.
This stadium has given global footprint to this city by being most
favored ground to host 13 Tests, 24 ODIs and 4 T20Is till date. An outfield of the stadium
makes it one of the most greenest pitch and gives a phenomenal look at this venue. It won’t be an
exaggeration to state that this venue is extensively favorable in all formats of cricket. Mohali
has a unique specialty of a large number of floodlights which are around 16 and are quite
low in height. This gives a picturesque view to spectators. Lastly, the floodlights are built
unconventionally to avoid colliding of aircraft from nearby Chandigarh Airport.
It has gained popularity mostly after the most memorable event that is the match between
arch-rivals India-Pakistan World cup semi-finals in 2011.