Match Preview : On Saturday 14th January 2017, you will witness 26th game in BBL of Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars.Perth Scorchers are back to 1st position in Big Bash League points table. They defeated in-form Brisbane Heat in last match to regain the top position . The other team , Melbourne Stars is in fierce competition with others to reach the semifinal stage of Big Bash League.Stars have made a good comeback in the league with winning last 2 games back to back. Melbourne Stars defeated average teams in last 2 games such as Renegades and Adelaide Strikers. This time , they will have to compete with top level team Perth Scorchers. The race to the knockouts has started becoming intense. Below is the report on Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Predictions :
Name :Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Predictions report below
Date : 14 January 2017 , Saturday
Time : 18:30 PM Local Time (07:30 GMT | 13:00 IST )
Venue : WACA , Perth Cricket Ground
Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Predictions Head to Head
Records for Perth vs Melbourne stars competition in past have been tough. Perth Scorchers have a marginal head to head advantage over Melbourne Stars. Perth – 04 and Melbourne Star – 05
- Poorly , Perth Scorchers have a win record of 4/9 (44%) matches against Melbourne Stars
- Perth Scorchers are most succesful franchise in overall Big Bash. Still their record against Stars is least successful compared to other teams. Melbourne Stars is the only team with whom Perth have a win record of less than 50%.
- In last season ,Melbourne stars had defeated Perth Scorchers twice in the same tournament.
WACA , Perth is the homeground for Perth Scorchers. The pitch at WACA is a dream pitch for bowlers. For batsmen its a low scoring wicket in second innings of the game.Waca pitch supports fast bowlers in first innings & spinners in second half of the match.This is the last league game of BBl 2017 on WACA pitch.
- In current season , Perth Scorchers have won 2 out of 3 matches on this ground (67%)
- Quick tip : Team winning the toss at WACA Pitch has lost 3/3 matches (33%)
- Average first Innings score : 179
Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Toss Predictions
In current Big Bash season , Perth have won the match after losing the toss 3/3 times (100%)
- Last 5 matches Toss Report of Perth till now : Lost, Won , Lost , Won , Won , Lost
- Last 5 matches Toss Report of Melbourne Stars till now : Won , Lost , Lost , Won, Lost
- Quick Tip : Whenever Melbourne Stars have won toss , they always chose to field first .(09/09 times . 100% record)
- Toss Prediction : Team winning toss have lost 7/7 matches (100%) on this ground
- Prediction : Brisbane will win the toss and bat second.
Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Predictions :
Tough call ,since stats support table toppers . Also , Melbourne Stars are expected to give a tough fight in Perth Scorchers vs Melbourne Stars Predictions.
Perth Scorchers Starting 11 and Stats
Perth Scorchers are at 1st place in BBL 2016-17 points table. In last match they defeated Brisbane Heat comfortably. With recent Australia and England national ODI matches ,Perth will be least affected.No players from playing 11 of Perth are playing in ODI series except Mitchell Marsh. With last match , Andrew Tye has got back in good form. Tye is one of the top 5 wicket-taking bowlers in Big Bash League . Michael Klinger is the top run scoring batsmen in overall Big Bash since the starting season.He is one oof the rarest asset Perth team posses Here is Perth Scorchers Players list for Big Bash League 2016-17 .
- Strength : Balanced team . Play as one unit .
- Weakness : Inexperienced finishers for last overs.
- Last 5 matches report : Win , Loss , Win , Win, Loss , Win
Perth scorchers starting 11 : Michael Klinger , Shaun Marsh , Ashton Turner , Ashton Agar , David Willey , Andrew Tye , Mitchell Johnson , Ian Bell , Jhye Richardson , Sam Whiteman
Melbourne Stars Starting 11 , Stats
Melbourne Stars are on 4th position in the league table.Race for semifinals are on . Melbourne stars have 3 matches left in Big Bash league 2016-17. They need to win atleast 2 out of remaining 3 matches to qualify safely for semis . Kevin Peterson ,back in good action , is a good news . Ben Hilfenhaus is the most valuable player for Melbourne Stars this season.Bad news is ,majority of Stars players will be out due to Australia vs Pakistan ODIs. Adam Zampa , Glen Maxwell and James Faulkner out.
Here is the Melbourne Stars Players list for Big Bash League 2016-17
- Strength : Performing all rounders
- Weakness : Major players out of the team to Australia ODIs is a major setback.
- Match Win Report in Big Bash League : W, L, L , W
Melbourne Stars starting 11 : Rob Quiney, Luke Wright,Kevin Pietersen, David Hussey, Scott Boland, Ben Hilfenhaus, Sam Harper, Michael Beer , Marcus Stoinis , Peter Handscomb , Evan Gulbis