RPS vs MI Predictions: Match Preview.
Who will win Rising Pune Supergiants Vs Mumbai Indians IPL match.
In IPL 2017, Pune Supergiants and Mumbai Indians will play against each other at MCA cricket stadium in Pune. The performance of Pune team has been one of the most disappointing in the last season finishing 7th just above Punjab in the points table.Mumbai Indians are one of the most expensive teams in IPL and justify the price. Read Detailed RPS vs MI Predictions below.
Tournament Name: Indian Premier League 2017
Match Name: RPS vs MI Predictions
Date: Thursday 6th April 2017
Time Local Time 20 : 00 IST
Stadium: MCA Cricket Stadium. Gahunje Pune.
• Firstly RPS have played against MI 2 times in IPL 2016.
• Last season Mumbai beat Pune at MCA stadium by 8 wickets.
• Overall Win-loss record: Pune 1/2 (50%) Mumbai 1/2 (50%)
• Rohit Sharma has scored most runs (92) on either side in 2 matches played last season.
• Jasprit Bumrah has picked up 3 wickets for MI against Pune in 2 matches last season.
6th April Pitch Report MCA Stadium RPS vs MI Predictions
• First of all Average first Innings score in 4 matches in IPL 2016 is 175 runs
• Toss Prediction: Win the toss and field first. Team fielding first in Pune has won the match 3/4 times (75%) in IPL 2016.
• Furthermore The Pune pitch is traditionally a slow one helping spinners. The the highest and lowest scores being 196 and 159 respectively in 4 matches IPL 2016.
RPS vs MI 6th April Toss Predictions
Teams winning the toss should look to field first at MCA stadium Pune.
• In IPL 2016 Pune Supergiants won the toss on 1/4 occasions in IPL 2016 in Pune.
• RPS also lost the match after winning the toss on that occasion.
• Teams winning the toss at Pune have elected to field on all 4 occasions.
• Also Teams fielding first have won 3/4(75%) matches in Pune in IPL 2016.
Who will win RPS vs MI Predictions
Mumbai Indians seem like the favorites looking at the 2 teams overall.
RPS Predicted Starting XI and Stats
Rising Pune Supergiants had a poor IPL 2016 winning just 5/14 matches
• Pune Strength: First of all Pune have a more balanced batting line up this year..
• Pune Supergiants Weakness- Lack of better quality in the fast bowling department and also no backup batsman whether Indian or overseas in squad.
• Star impact- Ben Stokes and Steve Smith hold the key for Pune Supergiants.
• Ajinkya Rahane is the leading run scorer for Pune with 480 runs in 14 matches in IPL 2016.
• Also Adam Zampa emerged as highest wicket taker with 12 wickets in IPL 2016.
Predicted starting XI: Ajinkya Rahane, Faf du Plessis, Steve Smith, Ben Stokes, MS Dhoni, Rajat Bhatia, Jaskaran Singh, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Adam Zampa, Shardul Thakur.
Mumbai Indians MI Predicted starting XI, Stats.
Mumbai Indians had quite a mixed season in IPL 2016 winning 7 out of their 14 matches therefore they would be looking to improve it this time.
• Strength: Quality bowling line up with Malinga, Mitchell Johnson and also Jasprit Bumrah.
• Weakness: First of all batting over dependent on Rohit Sharma and inconsistent middle order.
• Star impact- Rohit Sharma was leading run scorer for Mumbai Indians with 489 runs from 14 matches in IPL 2016.
• Players to watch out for: Mitchell Johnson and Hardik Pandya.
Finally, Starting 11 for Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel, Krunal Pandya, Josh Buttler, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayudu, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Tim Southee, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.