India vs England ODI series starts with 1st ODI in Pune on 15th January 2016.Indian team brings confidence from a good year of 2016. Recent white-wash of England in Test series will further boost them.Indian team have recalled many veterans & new faces in the team . Change in Indian captaincy , Dhoni not a captain anymore and so India is going through some turbulence. Virat Kohli will like to build this fresh team to prepare for the upcoming Champions Trophy in 2017. England on other hand are bruised and would be looking for a revenge. Ideally , the turbulent times is what England can take advantage of and attack opposition from the very first game. Both the teams will look to start the series on a positive note. Below is India Vs England 1st ODI Predictions Report.
Match Schedule : India Vs England 1st ODI Predictions
Date : Sunday January 15, 2017
Venue : Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Time : 09:30 local (04:00 GMT)
India vs England 1st ODI Live Streaming : Hotstar
India vs England ODI Head to Head
At home, India is winner in head to head overall record against England
India vs England has happened in ODI 93 times till date. India has won 50/93 (53%) and England only 40/93 (40%).
On Indian soil , India winning chances (65%) than England (35%) . In last 30 year , England haven’t won a ODI series in India.
In last India vs England ODI series in India , India won marginally by 3-2.
Leading Run Scorers for India Vs England In ODIs –
Ms Dhoni 1260 runs in 41 matches
Suresh Kumar Raina 1160 in 34 matches
Joe Root in 12 matches 336 runs has been scored
Eoin Morgan in 13 matches 213 runs have been scored
Leading Wicket Takers India Vs England In ODIs –
James Anderson – all time best bowler for England. In 31 matches he has bagged 40 wickets
Steve Finn – In 17 Matches he has taken 28 wickets. This means India is his favourite opponent.
R Ashwin – In 20 matches he has 32 vitcims
R Jadeja – in 19 Matches he has 33 vitcims.
Pitch Report Pune MCA Stadium: : India vs England 1st ODI Predictions
- Gahunje stadium Pune has hosted only 3 international outings till date (2 T20s and 1 ODI) . India win record in Pune is 1-2. England’s record in Pune is 0-1 . This is the same stadium,where India were all out for 101 in T20 against Sri Lanka before World cup 2016.Yuvraj Singh is the best performer for India at Pune with 55 runs & 3 wickets. Pune pitch offers support to medium pacers who can skid the ball & spinners
- Cricket ground at Pune is a flat batting wicket with a bit swing in first 5 overs but is unpredictable since not many matches have happened on this ground.
- Average first Innings score : 303 Toss Prediction : Choose to bat first .
- Tip : India has lost last 2 international matches in Pune . However, the single T20 India has won in Pune was against England.
Toss : India vs England 1st ODI Predictions Toss
Toss is always crucial when you play in India.
Tip : In ODI & T20 at Pune, Team winning the toss has won the the match 3/3 (100%) times.
- India Toss last 5 ODI matches : W, L , W , W , W
- England Toss last 5 ODI matches : W , W , W , L , L
Toss prediction : India will win the toss and field first.
Who will win India vs England 1st ODI Predictions: India Favorites.
Prediction : Stats support India outright win in India vs England 1st ODI Predictions
. India have fire power and experience to own and win this game against England.If Indian bowlers can get Root , Morgan, Butler and Stokes early then they have the best chance.
India 1st ODI Starting 11 , Stats
In 2017 , India have a fresh team formation and fresh captain at hand. Comeback of Yuvraj Singh , Dhoni wants to play at no.4 position. Newbies such as KL Rahul , Kedar Jadhav , Manish Pandey , Pandya . Except Kohli and Dhoni , all batsmen in squad will look forward this series to confirm their position in Indian playing 11. Interestingly, Virat kohli has lowest batting average against England (38.73) in ODIs and he will be looking to improve that. Dhoni’s batting performance was dismissal in 2016 with batting average of 27.80 . Dhoni’s career low batting average in single calendar year from 2004-2015 was in year 2006 of 41.05 . R Ashwin has highest bowling average in India(29.33) and lowest in England(22.66)
- Strength : One of the Strongest middle order in world & world class spinners
- Weakness: Unsettled Opening pair . Unsettled team combination.
- Match Win Report : Win , Loss , Win , Loss , Win
- India starting 11 : KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (capt), MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Ajinkya Rahane, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
England 1st ODI Starting 11 and Stats
England are coming after a whitewash in India vs England Test series. They would like to comeback strong in ODIs . In practice ODI matches against India A , England batsmen looked in good shape . Morgan , Joe Root and Joss Buttler will be the key performers for England in ODI series . Morgan , Butler and Root were one of the the top run-scoring batsmen last season. In bowling department , Chris Woakes and Adil Rashid will be looking forward to bowl in ODIs to India.
- Strength : Dependable batting line-up.
- Weakness : Lack of spinners on Indian pitch and out of form pace attack.
- Match Win Report : Win , Loss , Win , Loss , Win
- England playing 11 : Eoin Morgan (c) , Moeen Ali , Jonny Bairstow , Sam Billings , Jos Buttler (wk) , Liam Plunkett , Adil Rashid , Joe Root , Jason Roy ,Ben Stokes ,Chris Woakes
Also Read : 2nd ODI predictions