Sydney Cricket Ground is one of the most important ground in Australia.The legacy of cricket ground in Australia is very old. Cricket has been played since 1848 at Sydney ,when the first Test was played on this ground. Sydney has been a historic venue for cricket grounds. The Sydney ground membership lies with Sydney cricket ground trust.Below are details on Sydney Pitch Report , Average score at Sydney ground , highest individual score at Sydney cricket ground.
Name : Sydney Cricket Ground
Address : Moore Park Rd, Moore Park New South Wales 2021, Australia
Telephone : +61 293606601
Sydney cricket ground seating capacity : 45,000
Sydney cricket ground weather report :
- Rainy months are March , April.
- Summer months are December to February.
- Winter months are June to August.
Pitch Report Sydney Cricket Ground , Sydney Pitch Report
Sydney pitch has been traditionally favorable for large scores & spin bowlers.Even the medium paced bowlers have found good success on the pitch . Winning the toss on Sydney pitch is a good advantage . Since most of the teams choose to bat first on Sydney cricket ground. In the away teams , England has one of the best records at the pitch with 42% win record . India has one of the worst records at the pitch with only 22% win record
Tests Pitch Report Sydney Cricket Ground ,
Sydney Pitch Report
In Tests , Sydney pitch is favorable for batting on the first 2 days & supports spin bowlers. The pitch becomes dry after few days. Ideal to bat first & pick wickets in 4th innings. Spinners play an important role on this pitch.
- Highest score : 704 by India vs Australia , 2004
- Highest Wicket Taking bowler : Shane Warne
- Average score 1st innings score : 310
- Average score 2nd innings score : 311
<Chart for Last 5 Test scores at Sydney>
Test Toss Prediction Sydney : Bat first
- Teams winning toss have chosen to bat first 78% times
Win draw loss facts
- Team winning the toss & choosing to field first , has won the match only only 27% times.
ODI Pitch Sydney Cricket Ground , Sydney Pitch Report
In One Day Internationals(ODI) , Sydney pitch is low-medium scoring pitch . Spinners play an important role on this pitch.
- Sydney cricket gorund Highest score : 408/5 by South Africa vs Australia , 2004
- Highest Wicket Taking bowler : Glen Mcgrath & Shane Warne
- Average score 1st innings score : 220 -230 runs
<Chart for Last 5 ODI scores at Sydney>
ODI Toss Prediction Sydney : Bat first
- Teams winning toss have chosen to bat first 60% times
Match win stats
- Team batting first , have scored 55-60% of runs scored at Sydney ground .
Big Bash League Pitch Report Sydney Cricket Ground,
Sydney Pitch Report
In Big Bash League , Sydney pitch is a good batting pitch. A total of 180+ would be safe for the Big bash league wickets . Spinners play an important role on this pitch.
- Home Ground for Sydney Sixers
- Sydney pitch is a batting wicket
- Average first Innings score : 172
- Toss Prediction : Team winning toss have chose to bat first in 6/8 (75% ) matches.
- Stat : Team batting first has won 3 out of 4 (75% ) matches.
- <Chart for Last 4 Big Bash matches scores at Sydney>
- Big Bash League Schedule :
||Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes
||Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers
||Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Renegades
||Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder
T20 Sydney Pitch Report Sydney Cricket Ground ,
Very few T20s have took place for any analysis on the pitch . Spinners play an important role on this pitch.
- Highest score : 221/5 by Australia vs England , 2007
- Highest Individual score at Sydney cricket ground : 124* by Shane Watson vs England
- Average score 1st innings score : 170-180 runs
<Chart for Last 4 T20 scores at Sydney>
Match win stats
- Australia have won 3 out of 4 matches (75%)
Sydney cricket ground records & facts
Also READ : ALL BIG BASH LEAGUE PITCH REPORT”